by George aka "Momz"
(Dearborn Hs., M,I USA)
This bike was lost in a Florida swamp for more than five years. When I got the bike (pile-o-parts), I traded some other Valkyrie parts that were collecting dust in my garage. It was a rusty frame, corroded wheels, a questionable motor, dented tank, and some wiring.
I had another set of wheels, so I had them powdercoated while I checked that the motor was free. I then did a compresion check and it seemed OK. Pulled off the front forks and had them rebuit while I removed gunk and rust from the frame and used "Rustoleum" to paint the frame.
I got on ebay and bought a bunch of used parts (I'm cheap) and asked other Valkyrie owners to donate other parts. I also made and modified parts for a lightened/lowered/bobbed bike.
The bike was such a rust bucket that I spent nearly $150.00 to sandblast parts. My bud and I created the exhaust from the OEM system and aircraft exhaust parts and painted it with barbeque paint. the rest of the bike was painted rattle can satin black. I cleaned the carbs (had to replace the slow jets and float needles). It took 10 months to complete,....Oh it started on the first try!